The Western Reserve Academy girls track and field team placed first at a four-team meet April 18 at the Laurel School Butler Campus in Russell.
The Pioneers finished with 87.5 points and Shaker Heights Laurel scored 78.5 points. Also participating were Independence (27) and Cleveland Whitney Young (25).
Reserve won seven events. WRA took the top three spots in the high jump.
Madison Coleman led the way with a leap of 4 feet, 10 inches. Alicia Ma was second with a jump of 4-8 and Micayla Brent took third (4-6).
Coleman also placed first (68-9) in the discus.
Ma added a first (15-3.75) in the long jump and Nita Reddy captured first (28-1.5) in the shot put.
Libby Russ captured first place in the 800-meter run with a time of 2 minutes, 36.87 seconds.
WRA had two relay teams win.
The 800 team of Amy Zhou, JJ Je, Ma and Alex Randazzo took first in 1:56.19.
Zhou, Christine Chan, Ma and Randazzo guided the 400 relay to a first-place time of 55.03.
Other Pioneers who placed in the top five are as follows:
• Shot put: Coleman, third, 23-7; and Abigail Richardson, fourth, 20 feet
• Discus: Richardson, third, 51-2; and Kara Kern, fourth, 48-7.5
• Long jump: Brent, fourth, 12-6; and Juliana Xie, fifth, 12-.5
• 100: Chan, fourth, 14.09
• 800: Maggie Corl, second, 2:38.75; and Clara Fu, fourth, 2:45.47
• 1,600: Elizabeth Downing, second, 6:11.78; Mairead Morrissey, fourth, 6:48.15; and Stephanie Wong, fifth, 7:04.93
• 200: Wema Wachira, fourth, 30.49
• 1,600 relay: Russ, Brent, Je and Corl, second, 4:47.1